Gayfield




Arbroath Football Club's stadium goes by the unfortunate name - or fortunate, depending on your point of view and sexual orientation - of Gayfield. I often pass it when I'm out for a bracing walk along the waterfront.

I've had this pic of it sitting on my desktop for weeks and could never find a theme for it in a post but then I thought I'd just publish it as a one-off. Why not?

It was taken with my Rolleiflex 2.8F on Fomapan 100 and developed in Rodinal. It looks quite nondescript at first but I like all the lines and angles in it. There's hardly a patch of sky, wall or pavement that doesn't have something cutting through it. The strong side-lighting helps to bring out the texture in the wall.

It's one of those quirky little shots that we all take but can't really explain why. It doesn't blow your socks off and you'd probably not print it but it seems a shame for it to languish unappreciated in a negative file or on a hard drive. So here it is.

1 comments:

  1. really nice, I love the shadow in the left part, force me tonthink!

    ReplyDelete