Light and intermittent posting


Regular readers will know we've had our house on the market for about ten weeks. Well, we now have a buyer for it and, all going according to plan, will be moving out at the end of November. Our own house hunting has been continuing and it looks like we'll have a property to move into by then but we're in a bit of a chain - not too common in Scotland - so it's not entirely under our control. If it doesn't happen then we'll rent for a few months while we look around.

The upshot of this is that I now have about six weeks to get two garden sheds and half a garage of vintage racing bike parts and frames cleaned, photographed and onto Ebay. It's the same story with a lot of my camera gear and possibly an enlarger or two as I don't want to start off in a new home burdened by a surfeit of stuff. It was fun collecting all these bits and pieces and I've thoroughly enjoyed them but simplifying is the name of the game now. Plus, I have to dismantle the work tops and cupboards in my darkroom and reinstate it to something approaching a normal room.

Unfortunately, I can't plough through all this merchandise and decorating and still write three posts a week here. The biggest problem is that - despite my favourite weather now being here - I'll be struggling to get much camera time. A shortage of pictures usually means a shortage of blog material.

Although I'll still be writing from time to time, the next two or three months will inevitably see the blog updated less frequently. Even once we're ensconced in another home, there will no doubt be much to be done to get it the way we want it - and then I'll have to turn my attention to a darkroom.

As I was discussing with Phil Rogers just the other day, real life has a knack of getting in the way of the important stuff - photography in this case. So please bear with me during this busy period. I'm not quite sure when I'll be back to posting three times a week but I'll get there at some stage.

8 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best with your move, Bruce.

    Regards,
    omar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Omar. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like to consider asking for a few guest contributors to the blog to tide you over the lean months ahead, as I know in the past Omar and David M have done so. Just a thought!

    Anyway all the best in the move in what will be a fairly stressful few months ahead and I'm glad it's not me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bruce, good luck with the move. Can you tell me your username on eBay ? Do you you have any large frames around 62cm? We've got a lot in common-bikes and cameras (probably whisky and women too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck for your research of a new home....! ;-)
    I can really understand you as I just sold my house and moved back to my mother's one.... But I've just a little room for me.... so, it's almost 3/4 months I don't develop my films and... no post in my (little) blog at all... :-(

    Well.... better days will come.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - best from me too Bruce (but you knew that anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LEAVING IS NOT ALWAYS LOVING BUT I 'M SURE YOU'RE A CREATIVE PERSON SO YOU WILL START UP IN THE NEW HOME ....like I DID TOO ...OR HAD TO DO ...
    MAY'BE THIS IS THE MOMENT OF SAYING THANKS FOR THE TRESOR OF INFORMATION I COULD
    READ ON THE BLOG . YOU'RE SUPER BRUCE !

    etiennedezutter@yahoo.com Flanders Belgium Damme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is no fun at all. See you on the other side, All the best.

    ReplyDelete