How not to celebrate milestones



I've just realised that I missed the one millionth "hit" on The Online Darkroom. Somewhere between packing up the old house and moving to the new house the landmark passed without me noticing. I remember a while back thinking I'd need to make sure to at least mention it in the passing but life, as always, got in the way.

Anyway, we're now around 40,000 hits past the million. It's a fair old number when you think about it although there are some blogs that get that number of visits each month rather than every few years so I'm not getting carried away. Many thanks to all of you who have stuck by me over the four-and-a-bit years that I've been publishing TOD. I suppose just writing the same blog for that length of time is a bit of an achievement as the vast majority flare up and die off in much shorter periods.

I've no plans to stop publishing the blog and will basically carry on in one form or another as long as I have something to say. Someone once asked me why I do it but I can't think of a good explanation beyond "force of habit". I wrote every working day of my life from the age of 18 to 49 so I think it must just be ingrained in me.

8 comments:

  1. It's a great blog Bruce, so just keep up the good work!
    I'm still not at 2000 hits on my blog, just to give you a clue... so I guess that should mean that yours is a tad better than mine then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habit or Passion ??? Hoping there is a lot of that last stuff in your writing ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You deserve it! Your good work helped and inspired me (and think many othere people round there) to go on along the street of film photography. And, as you know, I started my little blog where I put my film experiences, to share results and help other people to follow us....
    So... hope to see the 2nd million landmark soon.... ;-)

    Thanks!
    Donato

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second everything Donato said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only a number but a very remarkable one. Well done!

    Merry Things now and all sorts of new delights in the New Year!
    I think I speak for everyone. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray on that number!

    I have recently discovered your blog and i've got to say, you are very passionate about your art. Your site has inspired me to keep using film, even when digital gets in the way.

    Long live analog


    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate the effort you put into this. I'm a new reader, new to film in general and your site has been a big help to me in getting acclimated to the whole film shooting/developing/printing process!

    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete